Thursday, April 29, 2010

Open your eyes

The most moving and exciting thing happened to me this morning....my eyes opened! How marvelous! I will live to see another day! Of all of the gifts that I have received, LIFE has been the most significant to me. As any other gift that I receive, I will appreciate this gift and put it to GOOD use! I will fill my day with all of the GOOD and wonderful works that are well pleasing to my Heavenly Father.

Last night I ran into a friend whom I had not seen in maybe two years. She shared some very sad news with me, the news that her dear sister had passed away last year. She had gone to wake her sister in the morning, and it was then that my friend realized that her sister had lived her last day on the previous day. No one had expected her heart attack. She was vivacious and young. I can't help but wonder if she had lived a life that was fulfilling to her.

When your eyes opened this morning, did you greet this day as though it were the first and the last day of your life? Are you doing your very best to make little steps at every moment of your day that will lead you in the direction that you WANT to head in, or are you just coasting along in life hoping that you will drift into peace, joy, fulfillment, or any other exciting life achievement?

Take control of your life today! This precious gift is YOUR life and no one else knows what stirs your heart and brings you joy. No one else can live out your dreams for you. Be responsible for your life and where it is going. Today may be your last. If this were your last day, would you be ready or would your end come before you had done ALL of the things that would make you feel satisfied and unashamed to meet the KING OF KINGS?

From THE GREATEST SALESMAN IN THE WORLD ~ OG MANDINO

I will live this day as if it is my last.
I have but one life and life is naught but a measurement of time. When I waste one I destroy the other. If I waste today I destroy the last page of my life. Therefore, each hour of this day will I cherish for it can never return. It cannot be banked today to be withdrawn on the morrow, for who can trap the wind? Each minute of this day will I grasp with both hands and fondle with love for it's value is beyond price. What dying man can purchase another breath though he willingly give all his gold? What price dare I place on the hours ahead? I will make them priceless!

King James Bible ~ Ecclesiastes 8:5-8~

Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

So as you can read. We have no power over the time of our death, but we do have power over the state of our souls and the state of our lives at the UNKNOWN time of our death! So start living RIGHT today! Now, while your eyes are open!

6 comments:

  1. This post was a good reminder for me. Sometimes life gets busy and I forget that I have been given a gift and that tomorrow isn't promiesd and then something(like your post!) reminds me to snap out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me to enjoy every single moment of life for there may not be another. Beautifully expressed. May today be a glorious day for all of us!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! May today and everyday be a glorious day for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara,
    You have my permission to print it! (I'm flattered!!)
    Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you have heard of the Gratitude Community? If not, check out my blog, I really think you would enjoy it!
    p.s. Could I get your email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Alexis,
    Sorry for the late reply!!
    Here is my email;
    tamara.herbert1980@hotmail.com
    No, I have never heard of the gratitude community, will check it out ( : Thanks

    ReplyDelete