Monday, April 12, 2010

What is my Legacy?

In my quest to find someone who is like me, someone who understands me and connects with me; I have discovered that there is no one like me in the world! I am beautifully unique and so are you! My uniqueness is my gift, my legacy to those who know me. Your uniqueness is your gift and legacy to me! So thank you for being you!
In our uniqueness we all can teach eachother something, and this is why I love to meet new people. I want to learn something new all of the time, I want to share with you all of the GOOD things that I learn so that you will be that much better.
When I was a young child I was very quiet. I remember hiding in small spaces and listening to the people in my life communicate with eachother. I did this throughout my entire childhood, as you can imagine, I learned a great deal about people. In fact I am still learning about people everyday as we interact with one another. I can easily lose myself in the layers of a humans' mind. I enjoy people and our many characters! We are a colorful creation.
So my question to you today is this; What do you wish to impart on this world? I want to leave nothing but goodness behind when I close my eyes in my final rest.
To do this I have to do a lot of "weeding" throughout my day! I weed away any thought that will not produce good fruit. I stop negative conversations dead in their tracks if they are in my presence. I reinforce my "entourage" with positive quotes, books, stories, ideas and energy. I do this because I love the people in my life and this includes the cashier at my local grocery store or my mailman, everyone in my life is important to me, their faces are part of the story of my life. My life is important to me. I have only this one life in this earthly vessel. I do not posses many material riches, nor do I have the luxury of free time or financial wealth. What I do posses are blessings greater than what the world has to offer. I am overflowing with the peace and joy that only simple living can bring about. My riches are of the type that cannot be measured.
This is my legacy. This is my story.
Let us be more mindful of what we say and do, even when we think that no one is listening or watching. Your words, thoughts and actions are powerful, and they make up the text and the design of your story.

Here is a VERY powerful quote from my favorite book in the world(besides the Bible)

A man's mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will, bring forth. (As a man thinketh by James Allen)

St Mark 7:15,21-23~
There is nothing from without a man, that enetering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All of these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

So lets start weeding out anything that is no good in our lives today!

No comments:

Post a Comment