Friday, April 16, 2010

What is your GOOD news today?

My three year old has developed a habit of asking me periodically throughout the day this VERY wonderful question;
"Mama, what is your good news today?" I am a deep thinker and most often if no one is talking to me I will fall immdeiately into my thoughts. Perhaps my son mistakens my "thinking face" for my "upset face" because I can feel as I awaken from my thoughts, how my brow has been creased with seriousness and concentration. So when he suddenly asks his question with his excited and expectant eyes, I can't help but smile and laugh as he rouses me from the depths of my thoughts. I then begin to pick through my day's adventures to find my very most favorite part of my day. Once I have retrieved the memory I then share it with him and then put the question right back to him. He laughs as he recounts his "good news" to me.
It is often too easy for us to be overwhelemed and saddened by what we hear through our televisions and radio stations. We are constantly accosted by the headlines of our magazines and newspapers. More than ever it has become essential to habitually take inventory of all that is good and positive and motivational in our lives.
I take great pleasure in elevating my mind and spirit to new hieghts. My mind and spirit may be resident in this carnal flesh of mine, but they cannot however, be bound by my flesh! My mind and spirit's potential to grow and aquire GOOD knowledge upon GOOD knowledge is endless!

Philippians 4:8~ Finally, brethren, Whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever things are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are LOVELY, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT; if there be any VIRTUE, and if there be any PRAISE, think on THESE things.

A particular train of thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce
it's results on the character and circumstances. A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so directly, yet surely, shape his circumstances. (AS A MAN THINKETH By James Allen)

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on this one. I have always tried (and sometimes failed)to be positive in all circumstances. It is sometimes hard but it makes things better in the long run. Great post!

    ReplyDelete